Caprese Salad with a Balsalmic Glaze
Caprese is one of the quickest and easiest salads you could make. It’s great with a little drizzle of olive oil or with homemade balsamic glaze.
Servings: 2 people
SO WHAT YOU'RE GONNA NEED IS:
YOU'LL ALSO NEED:
- Cut Fresh Mozzarella and Tomatoes into 1/4 inch slices.
- Pick off about 10 large leaves of fresh Basil.
- Alternating Tomato, Basil, Cheese, plate the ingredients on a plate.
- Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Finish with a drizzle with Olive Oil and/or Balsamic Glaze.
Calories: 424kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 717mg | Potassium: 377mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1925IU | Vitamin C: 17.3mg | Calcium: 585mg | Iron: 0.8mg
A quick and easy Balsamic Glaze that great for salads or as a topping for many dishes! Try it on Pizza!
Servings: 1 cup
- In a small Saucepan over medium heat, combine Balsamic Vinegar, sugar and Salt.
- Bring to a boil and then turn down heat
- Simmer until it reduces by half. Let cool.
Calories: 417kcal | Carbohydrates: 93g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 59mg | Potassium: 285mg | Sugar: 88g | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 1.8mg