Happy 4th of July! Here in America, we are truly blessed to have so many things to be thankful for this Independence Day. With all the fun celebrations comes great food and a need to figure out what to bring to the BBQ.
These 4th of July Fruit Skewers are a great addition to any Independence Day celebration. With just a few readily available ingredients, you can whip up a plateful of these festive Fourth of July Fruit and Cheese Skewers in no time!
Enjoy the long weekend and may God bless the USA!
4th of July Fruit Skewers
SO WHAT YOU'RE GONNA NEED IS:
- Slice watermelon in half. Using Melon Baller, create as many balls of Watermelon as you want skewers
- Starting with the Watermelon, place one ball on a skewer
- Tear a piece of Mint or Basil in half. Fold that half in half or in quarters, depending on the size. Place on the Skewer (NOTE: If you are making appetizers, the Fresh Basil works very well. If you are making dessert, I like using Fresh Mint. But, sometimes I like using a combination of the two).
- Place a Mozzarella Cheese Ball on the Skewer. (NOTE: Look for Mozzarella Cheese Balls labeled “Ciliegine.” They are about the size of a cherry.)
- Using the other have of the Basil or Mint, fold as you did the first one and place on the Skewer.
- Last, place a large Blueberry (or two smaller oneon the Skewer.
- Repeat Step 2 – 6 until you create the number of Skewers that you want.
- (Optional) Right before serving, drizzle with Balsamic Glaze.