Merry Christmas, y’all! I just love this time of year and the close of the advent season celebrating the anticipation of this joyous day! I want to wish you and your family all the best this Christmas. May your holidays be filled with family, friends, fun and, of course, food…great food!
Check out this easy Spaghetti Carbonara for a rich, quick and tasty Christmas dinner.
SO WHAT YOU'RE GONNA NEED IS:
- Boil Pasta in heavily salted water. Before draining, reserve 1 cup Pasta Water.
- In a medium Mixing Bowl, combine 2 Eggs and 1 Egg Yolk and a pinch of Pepper. Whisk until Eggs are scrambled.
- Add Pecorino Romano Cheese. Stir with whisk until mixed in.
- Dice Pancetta (Note: You can use Bacon as a substitute.)
- In a Sauté Pan over medium/medium-low heat, add 2 teaspoons Olive Oil and Pancetta. Render Pancetta and then let it start to brown.
- Add Pasta to the Pancetta. Mix around and let Pasta cook for about a minute.
- Add ½ cup Pasta Water.
- Turn off the burner. If using an electric or induction burner, remove Pan completely from the stove.
- Pour the Egg mixture into the Pan and mix quickly until the Pasta is thoroughly coated. (Note: mix quickly to ensure that the eggs do not scramble.
- Plate with Pancetta on top of the Pasta. Garnish with more Cheese and Black Pepper.