Whether serving this Italian favorite on a plate or making a sandwich, this Sausage, Peppers and Onions recipe can get a great meal on the table in no time flat! Super economical and filling too!
Sausage Peppers and Onions
SO WHAT YOU'RE GONNA NEED IS:
- Cut Onion in Half and slice into 1/4 inch half moons.
- Cut the Bell Pepper into strips about the same thickness of the Onions.
- Press the Garlic and set aside.
- Slice Sausages in half lengthwise.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, place the Sausages cut side down. Brown the Sausage on all sides. Remove from the heat. [Note: you don’t need to cook sausage all the way through at this point.]
- In the same pan, add Peppers and Onions and sauté in the remaining grease from the Sausage. If using chicken or turkey sausage, add a touch of olive oil. Add Salt and Pepper.
- Once onions start becoming translucent, add the pressed Garlic and Basil. Add the White Wine and place Sausages back in the pan. Cook until the wine reduces and Sausages are cooked through.