Instant Pot Paella
This is a super tasty Seafood Paella that you can make in an Instant Pot. With the traditional "Socarrat" finish (optional), it's an authentic take on this iconic Spanish favorite.
Servings: 2 people
SO WHAT YOU'RE GONNA NEED IS:
Prepare the Ingredients
- Dice 1/2 Red Bell Pepper and 1/2 Onion.
- Press Garlic
- Roughly chop Flat Leaf Parsley and set aside for garnish
Cook the Paella
- Turn the Instant Pot on “Saute,” “High” and press “Start.”
- Add Olive Oil and Onions and cook for about a minute.
- Add Red Bell Pepper, Garlic, Salt and Pepper and continue to cook until the vegetable soften and onion start becoming translucent
- Add Diced Tomatoes, Vegetable Broth, Paprika and Saffron.
- Add Rice and put the lid on the Instant Pot. Set to “Pressure Cook,” “High.” Set for 8 minutes and press “Start.”
Prepare the Seafood
- Rinse and debeard Mussels.
- Peel Shrimp, leaving the tail on.
- When the Rice is ready, quick release the pressure and add Shrimp and Mussels. Switch to “Saute” “High” and cook until the Mussels open and Shrimp are cooked through.
- (Optional SocarraInstead of finishing the seafood off in the Instant Pot, transfer the rice to a Frying Pan over medium high heat. Place the Shrimp and Mussels on top of the Rice. Turn off the heat and cover the Pan with Aluminum Foil. Let cook for about 5-10 minutes until the Shrimp are cooked through and the Mussels Open.
Finish it off
- Regardless of the finishing method you use, top the dish with the Peas, Parsley and Lemon.
Calories: 475kcal | Carbohydrates: 95g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 1553mg | Potassium: 605mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 2400IU | Vitamin C: 91.8mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 4.2mg