Easter is Coming! I cannot wait. It is one of my most favorite times of year…one filled with redemption. With this great holiday comes great food and treats. Of course, Easter candy in a big Easter basket has always been a favorite of mine! But if you’re following a Keto diet, unfortunately, most of the sweet treats around this time of year of off limits.
Until now! Whip up a batch of these Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs and you’ll be hopping all season long! Move over Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs!
What If It’s Not Eastertime?
As an alternative, if it’s not Eastertime, you can make regular Peanut Butter Cups (like Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups) really simply using a cupcake pan and cupcake liners. Then:
- Spray the liners with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour a small layer of melted chocolate on the bottom. Let harden.
- Place a small amount of the Keto Peanut Butter dough on the hardened chocolate.
- Top with more melted chocolate and let cool.
Can’t wait for you to try these. I think you’ll be very happy!
Happy Easter!! He is Risen!
Keto Peanut Butter Eggs
SO WHAT YOU'RE GONNA NEED IS:
- In a medium Mixing Bowl, mix Creamy Peanut Butter, Coconut Flour, Monkfruit Sweetener and Vanilla until thoroughly combined. (Note: Dough will be firm…think Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup consistency. If too thick, add more peanut butter. If too thin, add more Coconut Flour.)
- Pinch off 1 ounce of batter, roll in a ball (Note: it will be a little smaller than a ping pong ball). Place on Baking Sheet lined with a Silicone Baking mat and form into a egg shape. (Note: they will be about 1/4 inch high.)
- Freeze for about 30 minutes.
- When frozen, cut up Chocolate into small pieces. Place is small Mixing Bowl.
- Heat in the Microwave on High, checking and stirring every 15 seconds until completely melted.
- Dip frozen Eggs into the melted Chocolate to completely cover. Place on a Cooking Rack (or wax paper).
- Transfer remaining chocolate into a Ziploc bag. Snip the tip. Drizzle back and forth over Eggs. (Note: make sure the chocolate has started to harden or wait until it has completely hardened.)