Nothing says “I Love You” better than cooking up Brown-Butter Kissed Grilled Shrimp for your special someone. It helped me impress my girlfriend in college and I have a feeling that it might just work for you too!
Brown-Butter Kissed Grilled Shrimp
SO WHAT YOU'RE GONNA NEED IS:
- 10-14 Large Shrimp (raw, tail-on)
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Italian Flat Leaf Parsley
- To taste Salt
- To taste Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
YOU'LL ALSO NEED:
- Cast Iron Grill Pan
- Small Pot
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Large Spoon
- Pastry Brush
- Sharp Knife
- Combine raw, peeled, tail-on Shrimp, Avocado Oil, half of the Parsley, Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder. Mix until Shrimp is thoroughly coated. Place in refrigerator for about 5-10 minutes.
- Place Butter in small saucepan. Continue swirling the pan as it melts. It will begin to bubble and then it will start to darken.
- Continue to swirl until it turns to a nice toasty brown color.
- If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for a few minutes to stop them from burning when grilling.
- Skewer the Shrimp by placing the skewer first through the top part of the Shrimp and then again right above the tail.
- Grill Shrimp for about 1-1.5 minutes on each side until opaque. (Note: Do not overcook or they will be rubbery. Keep in mind they continue to cook even after you take them off the grill.)
- Brush the shrimp with the Brown Butter. (Note: Serving suggestion: serve over a bed of couscous with a side of steamed broccoli.)