I discovered this Balsamic Chicken Walnut Salad several years ago at little grocery store, El Rancho Market, in Solvang, California…just a hop, skip and a jump away from Santa Ynez (the greatest place on Earth IMHO).
I loved it so much that my girlfriend called them to get me a shipment of it for my birthday! Happy, Happy! To help save her on insanely expensive overnight shipping costs, I vowed to recreate the recipe…and I think I’ve come pretty darn close. But, you be the judge…which means, if you ever find yourself in the Santa Ynez Valley, be sure to stop by El Rancho and swing by the deli. Make sure you tell ’em, Fucci sent you! It probably won’t get you anything but a blank stare and an amazing Balsamic Chicken Walnut Salad. But, frankly, that’s enough. Grab a loaf of homemade bread, some fruit and cheese while you’re at it!
Mmmmmm. Happy. Happy.
Balsamic Chicken Walnut Salad
SO WHAT YOU'RE GONNA NEED IS:
Prepare the Chicken:
- Season Chicken Breast on both sides with Salt and pepper.
- Place in Sealable Plastic Bag and add ½ cup of Shallot Vinaigrette Dressing. Marinate in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Cook chicken on greased baking sheet at 450 degrees for about 15-18 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- When cooled, cut into cubes.
Prepare the Other Ingredients:
- Cut Grapes in half.
- Cut the green portion of the onion into 1 inch segments. Cut white portion of the onion into 1/8-1/4 inch segments.
- Shell Walnuts (or buy them already shelled)
Put it all together:
- Place cubed chicken in a bowl.
- Add Walnut Oil
- Add Walnuts, Grapes and Green Onions.
- Add additional Shallot Vinaigrette (approximately 1/4 to 1/2 cup)