Omaha, Set, Hut. While Peyton Manning may not be in this year’s Big Game, you’ll still be screaming TOUCHDOWN after scoring big with these Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms!
Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
SO WHAT YOU'RE GONNA NEED IS:
- 10 large Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/3 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 slices Bacon (cooked)
- 2 Tablespoons Italian Flat Leaf Parsley
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 medium Shallot
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- To taste Salt
- To taste Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Cooking Spray
- Balsamic Glaze
- Pop out stems of Mushrooms and place mushroom caps on aluminum foil lined baking sheet. If you’re not using non-stick aluminum foil, lightly coat with Cooking Spray.
- Mince up Mushroom stems and one extra Mushroom.
- Mince Shallot and press two cloves of Garlic.
- Roughly chop Italian Parsley.
- In Small Skillet over medium heat, melt Butter. Add minced Shallot, Garlic and pre-cooked Bacon.
- Once Garlic begins to brown, add minced Mushrooms.
- Add Salt and Pepper. Cook for about 4 minutes.
- In Mixing Bowl, add Cooked Mushroom mixture, Breadcrumbs, Parmesan Cheese, Parsley, Thyme and Oregano. Stir
- Add Olive oil until mixture is moist and binds together.
- Stuff Mushroom Caps with Mushroom Stuffing.
- When ready to bake, cook at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes.
- Top with Mozzarella Cheese and melt in the oven for about 2 minutes.
- Top with Balsamic Glaze.